Bend the Arc is a movement of tens of thousands of progressive Jews across America who are working together to achieve our vision: to transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and actively supportive of the dignity of every person and of all communities impacted by structural inequality. We are the only national Jewish organization focused exclusively on issues of justice and equity in the U.S.
Bend the Arc has staff-led chapters in Southern California, the Bay Area, and New York, along with 10+ volunteer-led groups across the country (and growing).
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of:
- Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education, training, and leadership arm;
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; and
- Bend the Arc: Jewish Action PAC, our political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values.
Project Goals and Scope of Services
Bend the Arc is seeking the services of a freelance online fundraising consultant/firm to help our development and communications staff develop an online fundraising strategic plan for pre-election, post-election, end-of-year, and end-of-fiscal-year (June 2019) fundraising that increases the total number of individual donors (donors giving under $1,000), retains previous donors, and seeks increases from our current donors. Our online fundraising strategy should be coordinated with and complement our direct mail appeals (currently sent quarterly).
The consultant/firm will be responsible for the development of our FY19 individual donor ($1-999) fundraising plan for our 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3).The development and communications teams will lead on the implementation of the plan, but with regular input from the consultant/firm to review analytics and suggest real-time adjustments to tactics based on performance (e.g. messaging, targeting, ad budget, etc).
Tasks could include but may not be limited to the following criteria:
- Quick audit of our past online fundraising performance
- Information gathering with communications and development staff
- Support facilitation of planning meetings with involved team members
- Survey our online donors
- Draft a plan tailored to our staff and budget capacity that coordinates online fundraising (ongoing) and direct mail appeals (currently quarterly)
- Real-time recommendations of changes in our tactics or new tactics to explore based on evaluation
- Review tactic implementation pre-launch to ensure alignment with plan recommendations
Timeline and Submission of Proposals
Responses must be received no later than August 27, 2018 and should be emailed to email@example.com with “RFP: Fundraising Consultant” in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the consultancy will be contacted.
Bend the Arc can begin the project in early September 2018.
Elements of Proposal
A submission must include the following elements:
- Description of the consultant/firm that includes a general overview.
- A one-page narrative outlining the consultant/firm’s previous experience and strengths and distinguishing skills or capabilities as they might relate to this project. If possible, please include an example of ROI or other relevant fundraising metrics (e.g. “increased number of small dollar donors by 30% from XX to YY with a budget of $10,000”).
- Fee based on the information shared in RFP.
- Names and contact information for three client references. Bend the Arc reserves the right to contact the references provided, as well as other references, without prior notification to the consultant/firm. It is preferred but not required that bidders provide nonprofit client references.
In evaluating bids for this project, Bend the Arc places high value on the following factors:
- Demonstration of past success in attaining, retaining, and upgrading small-dollar donors through digital fundraising strategies;
- Facility with a range of digital fundraising tactics;
- Demonstration of past success in aligning digital fundraising appeals with direct mail appeals;
- Past experience in digital fundraising for Jewish organizations preferred, not required.
Bend the Arc has a maximum budget of $15,000 for this scope of work and seeks competitive bids and best offers.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment for all positions and job classifications, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This consultancy description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the work. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the contracted work. Consultant will need to enter into a contract with Bend the Arc outlining details of the scope of work, timeline, deliverables and payment.