Job Opening: Administrative Assistant, Part-Time Position
Start Date: Immediately
Location: San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S. The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, with chapters organizing nationwide.
Bend the Arc is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant who will be responsible for providing general support for the Jeremiah Fellowship and the organization’s events and campaigns, including the digital promotion of events and campaigns. This position will also provide basic office administrative support to California staff located in the Bay Area and Los Angeles, and may be located in either region. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Jeremiah Fellowship Director.
- Provide general support for events, campaigns, and teams as needed
- Provide administrative support for the Jeremiah Fellowship
- Support execution of contracts, reports, and payments
- Facilitate resolution of IT issues in office by liaising with IT support and tracking progress
- Order office supplies, send packages, and log expenses
- Track volunteer attendance at events in database
- Post and promote events and campaigns — may include webpage, FB, Twitter
- Create flyers and provide assistance in creation of print materials
- List events on partner list serves and community event calendars
- Maintain organized systems for materials, documents, and supplies in the Bay Area office
- Create/maintain other systems as needed
- Other organizational administrative duties as needed
Qualifications and Skills:
- Highly organized and resourceful
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management skills- able to track multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong commitment to and passion for the mission of Bend the Arc
- Experience using CMS tools to update websites
- Proficient computer skills with Google Platforms (drive, hangouts, gmail, etc.) Previous administrative/office management experience
- Experience with NationBuilder or similar
- Experience working with data tracking softwares
- Social media skills and experience
- Experience working with social justice, economic justice, racial justice or Jewish organizations preferred
Schedule: Schedule is 15 hours per week, working at least two days a week in the Bend the Arc office. Schedule can be flexible and negotiated but must be approved in advance by supervisor. Occasional evening or weekend hours possible based on need.
Benefits: Paid vacation and paid sick leave available. Health benefits are not available for part-time positions.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line of your message. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please. Position open until filled.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.