Position: Office Manager
Reports to: HR Director
Location: Bend the Arc National Office, New York
Bend the Arc is a movement of progressive Jews across America who are building a country that lives up to our values of justice and equality for all. We are the only national Jewish organization focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S.
Our vision at Bend the Arc is to build and activate Jewish power to help transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and supportive of the dignity of every person across race, class, gender and faith. But we live in a moment when the President and his allies in Congress are fanning bigotry and hatred, and their disregard for democracy, religious freedom, and human rights present an existential threat to our values and our country. As Jews, our history and moral tradition call us to be bold and courageous in the face of this threat — we know it will take many of us, coming together to take collective action alongside partners in frontline communities, to resist and to win.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values; and Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education and leadership arm. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with volunteer-led local groups organizing nationwide.
The Office Manager provides general facilities management and office administrative support to ensure the office is a safe, clean, healthy working environment. The Office Manager maintains relationships with vendors including building staff and IT providers to ensure that office needs are met. The Office manager provides administrative support to Bend the Arc’s back-office operations including supporting human resources, as well as organization wide trainings, events and processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Facilities Management
- Serve as the main point of contact with building management staff and other vendors to manage maintenance of the New York office, including repairs and improvements
- Maintain common areas
- Oversee and catalog items in storage
- Create and disable building and office access cards
- Develop and maintain office space use policies, including security procedures for visitors
- Assist with any office space moves, seating plan moves, installation and maintenance of office equipment, etc. as needed
- Perform shared receptionist duties including answering phones and answering the door to our NYC office
IT and Office Equipment
- Manage relationship with external technology providers to ensure all computers and phones function properly, information is secure, and staff technology needs are met
- Research broad institutional technological needs and update as needed
- Maintain office equipment, including supplies
HR operations support
- Provide administrative support for hiring processes by setting up interviews and tracking applicants
- Help coordinate the annual performance evaluation cycle
- Research policies as needed
- Order and organize office and kitchen supplies, furniture, and materials
- Manage package delivery and unpack boxes
- Oversee Bend the Arc staff birthday and work anniversary calendar, holiday closure calendar, and early office closure calendar for all offices
- Partner with Chief Operating Officer and HR Director to manage logistics for staff meetings and trainings as needed
- Complete credit card expense reports
- Assist with employee onboarding by preparing workspace, gathering supplies, and setting up technology equipment for new hires
- Manage general organization archives and files, and coordinate shredding as needed
- Review and update administrative and operational procedures
- Assist other departments with events, mailings, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of previous experience providing administrative support
- Very well organized, with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient computer skills including Google platforms (Drive, Hangouts, Gmail, calendar, etc.)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Alignment with Bend the Arc’s mission and values
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time position. Annual salary range is $45,000-$48,000 depending on experience, and includes paid time off and health benefits.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter to [email protected] with “Office Manager” in the subject line of your message. No phone calls or recruiter solicitations, please. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Bend the Arc encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, and record of arrest or conviction.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.