Job Opening: Digital Organizer
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Preferably at our National Headquarters in New York City, will consider Washington, D.C. for the right candidate
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with chapters organizing nationwide.
Bend the Arc is seeking a Digital Organizer to help grow the reach and power of our online base. The Digital Organizer will be responsible for strategizing and executing national and local digital campaigns — driven by Bend the Arc staff and volunteer leaders across the country — that further our two-year strategy for fighting and winning in the Trump era.
This is a new position on our Communications team. The Digital Organizer will work collaboratively across Bend the Arc’s impact team (including Communications, Field, and Political staff) to construct campaigns that motivate progressive Jews to take action through persuasive calls to action, gripping storytelling, and first-rate tactics.
The ideal candidate is passionate about things like ladders of engagement and moving people from online to offline activism (and vice versa), and is equally comfortable producing a compelling petition page, email, or social media guide for partners.
- Strategize and execute high impact, creative digital tactics that help change the narrative, reach our growth goals, and build power.
- Identify opportunities to engage Bend the Arc’s supporters, monitor news and developments on our priority issue areas.
- Collaborate with Communications, Field, Political, and Development staff to coordinate campaign goals, develop campaign concepts, and produce content, including emails, action pages, and social media posts to engage and mobilize supporters to take action.
- Plan communications to multiple target audiences with distinct engagement goals, and help manage email lists and databases.
- Build emails and website pages with basic HTML; test and copy-edit emails to ensure quality.
- Use analytics to optimize online campaigns and content for bigger impact.
- As needed, create resources for locals and affiliate organizations to amplify national campaigns.
- Build relationships and strengthen partnerships with ally organizations, affiliates, and community members to support priorities.
- Work with vendors, consultants and contractors as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional experience) and a minimum of three years' experience in online campaigning or related fields.
- Experience developing digital strategy and content for issue-based, advocacy, or political campaigns; familiarity with a range of online campaigning tools and tactics.
- Excellent writing skills with experience in creative, compelling prose that can move people to take action; with meticulous attention to consistency and detail.
- Knowledge of trends of digital organizing, and of best practices for communicating via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Proficient using digital systems to manage content (CMS) and relationships (CRM), with a preference for experience with NationBuilder.
- Knowledge of basic HTML to produce emails and web pages and ability to resize images.
- Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities to advance Bend the Arc’s mission.
- Commitment to social justice, to the values and goals of Bend the Arc, and to working at a values-based organization with a high emphasis on mutual respect and intentional workplace culture.
Optional Skills and Qualifications (candidates demonstrating any of the following will be given preference, but are not required):
- Proficiency in graphic design; experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator).
- Project management experience and ability to organize and manage multiple priorities; ability to develop plans with clear goals, roles, timeline, metrics and budget estimates.
- Experience managing social media content for brands and advertising on social media platforms.
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time position, with some evening or weekend hours based on need. Salary is competitive and appropriate to experience, and includes health and other benefits.
Please submit your resume and a 1-2 page cover letter to email@example.com with “Digital Organizer” in the subject line of your message. Your cover letter should share why you want to work at Bend the Arc, as well as the summary of an online campaign you have run (including your brief analysis on why you did or didn’t win).
We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.