Job Opening: Content Manager
Start Date: Immediately
Location: National Headquarters in New York City
Bend the Arc is building the power and passion of the progressive Jewish movement in America by bringing together Jews from across the country to advocate and organize for a more just and equal society. We are the only national Jewish organization that is focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) organizing, education and leadership arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) advocacy arm; and Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates who share our vision for a more just and equal society. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with chapters organizing nationwide.
Bend the Arc is seeking a Content Manager to help inspire our audience, motivate our donors, and tell the story of how thousands of Jewish activists across the country are resisting the Trump agenda and winning progressive victories in their communities.
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Content Manager will be responsible for keeping our new websites (launching in early 2018) up to date with gripping stories and pixel-perfect graphics to help drive the growth of our base and funnel engagement towards Bend the Arc’s field, fundraising, and programs. They will also work collaboratively with the communications, development, field, and program teams to manage the digital and print production of a variety of purpose-driven content, including videos, fundraising emails, campaign resources, and printed collateral.
The ideal candidate is an experienced, creative copy-writer who can produce compelling text in any medium, is either comfortable executing or supervising graphic design and video production, and is passionate about messaging and storytelling.
- Write, edit, and produce a variety of timely, inspiring content for web and print to engage Bend the Arc’s supporters and donors to help meet our growth and impact goals, including materials for development, field, and digital campaigning.
- Manage the content process from start to finish, including brainstorming, drafting, editing, running approvals, setup, tracking analytics, and evaluation.
- Manage the regular updating and optimization of Bend the Arc’s national websites.
- Supervise creative professionals and vendors in the production of videos, graphic design, and printed collateral.
- Sustain a culture of testing and optimization, use and learn from data analytics on the performance of digital content.
- Identify opportunities for creative messaging and storytelling.
- Help ensure consistency in our brand, visual style, and messaging in all of our content.
- As necessary, contribute to the upkeep and optimization of our constituent database.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent professional experience), 3-5 years of relevant experience producing digital and print content in a political, nonprofit, or advocacy setting.
- Exceptional, compelling writer, whether in 140 characters or in 1,000 words; excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient using digital systems to manage content (CMS) and relationships (CRM), with a preference for experience with NationBuilder.
- Knowledge of basic HTML to produce emails and web pages and ability to resize images.
- Meticulous attention to consistency and detail.
- Creativity, flexibility and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with unanticipated opportunities to advance Bend the Arc’s mission.
- Commitment to social justice, to the values and goals of Bend the Arc, and to working at a values-based organization with a high emphasis on mutual respect and intentional workplace culture.
Optional Skills and Qualifications (candidates demonstrating any of the following will be given preference, but are not required):
- Proficiency in graphic design, with experience using Canva or Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, or Illustrator).
- Experience creating or supervising the production of videos optimized for online sharing.
- Experience with print-production processes.
- Familiarity with political and fundraising best practices.
- Experience working with partners in issue-campaign coalitions.
Compensation and Hours:
This is a full-time position, with some evening or weekend hours based on need. Salary is competitive and appropriate to experience, and includes health and other benefits.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter stating why you want to work at Bend the Arc to [email protected] with “Content Manager” in the subject line of your message. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all applicants. Only those considered for the position will be contacted to interview.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the position.