Job Opening: Compensation Analyst Consultant
Start Date: Immediately
Bend the Arc is a movement of progressive Jews across America who are building a country that lives up to our values of justice and equality for all. We are the only national Jewish organization focused solely on promoting these values here in the U.S.
Our vision at Bend the Arc is to build and activate Jewish power to help transform our country to be inclusive, equitable, and supportive of the dignity of every person across race, class, gender and faith. But we live in a moment when the President and his allies in Congress are fanning bigotry and hatred, and their disregard for democracy, religious freedom, and human rights present an existential threat to our values and our country. As Jews, our history and moral tradition call us to be bold and courageous in the face of this threat — we know it will take many of us, coming together to take collective action alongside partners in frontline communities, to resist and to win.
The Bend the Arc family of organizations consists of Bend the Arc Jewish Action, our 501(c)(4) organizing and advocacy arm; Bend the Arc Jewish Action PAC, a political action committee dedicated to supporting candidates for federal office who champion our values; and Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice, our 501(c)(3) education and leadership arm. Headquartered in New York City, we have offices in Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco, with volunteer-led local groups organizing nationwide.
Bend the Arc is seeking a consultant to help develop a compensation strategy and salary bands for employees. Bend the Arc has approximately 30 full- and part-time employees across our family of organizations. Employees work in offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and New York City, as well as remotely. Reporting to the HR Director and Office Manager, the consultant will be responsible for:
- Researching organizations comparable to Bend the Arc
- Gathering salary data
- Analyzing data
- Developing salary bands and a rationale for compensation decisions that is competitive in the marketplace, transparent, and equitable
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in compensation analysis
- Experience with establishing best practices using salary bands
- CCP designation a strong plus
- Adequately networked to compare Bend the Arc to similarly sized social movement organizations, social justice nonprofits, and/or Jewish social justice organizations
- Experience applying a racial equity lens to compensation practices
- Ability to work independently
- Commitment to maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Passion for social justice a plus
- Proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, embedded formulas, conditional formulas, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely and with their own IT equipment
- For local applicants, ability to periodically travel to our NYC office (as needed)
Anticipated Term, Time Commitment and Compensation
The goal for the time-frame of this work is for it to be completed by September 1st, 2018. Bend the Arc has a maximum budget of $10,000 for this scope of work and seeks competitive bids and best offers.
Please submit your Bio, Three References, and Proposed Scope of Work and Fee based on the information shared in this description to [email protected] with “Compensation Analyst” in the subject line of your message. No phone calls, please. We sincerely regret that we will not be able respond to all submissions. Only those considered for the consultancy will be contacted.
Bend the Arc provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment for all positions and job classifications, and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals.
This consultancy description is intended to convey information essential to understand the scope of the work. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the contracted work. Consultant will need to enter into a contract with Bend the Arc outlining details of the scope of work, timeline, deliverables and payment.