Membership in the JOC+ Professionals Network is currently closed.
Check back soon for updates about our next application window.
Questions? Email Bekkah Scharf at [email protected].
Project Shamash is inviting Jews of Color who work as staff, volunteer, or serve as board members within Jewish communal organizations to join their JOC+ Professionals Network. The network seeks to engage and support JOCs who have been marginalized by whiteness either racially or culturally, and strongly and fabulously root themselves in other diverse identities including Black, Indigenous, Latino, Asian, Sephardi, Mizrachi and more.
Together, we heal through belonging and feeling more fully seen, while also celebrating and connecting in joyful space. The content of our meetings varies: some meetings will be social, while others will include guest JOC mentors and leaders across the field. We will also offer cutting-edge leadership workshops specific to holding JOC+ identity and power in the places where we work and lead.
Through this network participants will:
- Participate in monthly seminars that explore leadership, mentorship, wellness and Jewish issues with skilled educators and practitioners.
- Be part of a diverse and dynamic Bay Area JOC leadership network.
- Contribute to Jewish institutional understanding of the types of organizational culture and infrastructure needed for JOC+ staff and board members to thrive.
2022 Program Overview
All times listed are Pacific Time. Unless otherwise noted, all sessions will be on Zoom.
- Wednesday, January 26 at 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, February 23 at 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, March 23 at 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, April 27 at 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, May 25 at 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, June 22 at 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, August 24 at 10:00-11:30am
- Wednesday, October 26 at 10:00-11:30am
- December All-Day Gathering 9:00am-4:00pm (location TBD; will likely be in-person)