Membership in the JOC+ Professionals Network is currently open. Register here to join.
Any questions about Project Shamash can be directed to Analucía Lopezrevoredo, Senior Director, at [email protected].
Project Shamash is inviting Jews of Color who work as staff or serve as board members within Jewish communal organizations to join their JOC+ Professionals Network. The network seeks to engage and support JOCs who have been marginalized by whiteness either racially or culturally, and strongly and fabulously root themselves in other diverse identities including Black, Indigenous, Latino, Asian, Sephardi, Mizrachi and more.
Through this network participants will:
- Participate in bi-monthly (every other month) seminars that explore leadership, mentorship, wellness and Jewish issues with skilled educators and practitioners.
- Be part of a diverse and dynamic Bay Area JOC leadership network.
- Contribute to Jewish institutional understanding of the types of organizational culture and infrastructure needed for JOC+ staff and board members to thrive.
- Wednesday, Feb 24th at 10:00-11:15am PT
- Wednesday, May 26th at 10:00-11:15am PT
- Wednesday, April 28th at 10:00-12pm PT (workshop TBD)
- Wednesday, June 30th at 10:00-11:15am PT
- Wednesday, August 25th at 10:00-12pm PT (workshop TBD)
- Wednesday, October 27th at 10:00-11:15am PT
- Wednesday, November 24th at 10:00-11:15am PT
- December 16-19, Retreat